MANILA - A volcano in the eastern Philippines Monday ejected more ash in a growing sign of restiveness, government volcanologists said.
Port-au-PRINCE - The death toll from Hurricane Tomas rose to eight in Haiti Sunday, as officials expressed fear that flooding from the storm could worsen the cholera outbreak in the impoverished Caribbean nation.
Mexico City, Nov 8 (IANS/EFE) The mayor of a Mexican city died from a heart attack after being ambushed, beaten and robbed on a highway by gunmen, officials said.
Abu Dhabi, Nov 7 (IANS/WAM) Improved traffic managament in Abu Dhabi has seen fatal road accidents dropping by 17 percent in the first nine months of this year and there are plans to reduce this further, police said Sunday.
SLEMAN - The death toll from the eruptions of Indonesia's Mount Merapi rose to 135 Sunday, as the burial of dozens of the victims was held.
- Bhopal gas victims protest to seek Obama’s help
- Italy’s ancient gladiator training centre collapses
- Kenyan cop kills 10 in shooting rampage
- Chopper crashes, crew killed in bid to rescue Japanese climber (Second Lead)
- 19 soldiers implicated in plane theft in Honduras
- 21 killed in three accidents in Madhya Pradesh
- Inmates attack police in Sri Lanka prison, 50 injured
- Haiti’s Hurricane Leaves 6 Dead
- New eruption halts search, flights cancelled in Indonesia
- Chopper searching for Japanese climber crashes in Nepal
- IMD: Chennai On Cyclone Jal’s Path
- Thieves target baby buggies in Britain
- Kachru’s college principal forced to retire a day earlier
- 18 bodies found at mass grave in Mexico
- Tamil Nadu braces for cyclone Jal
- Chopper on rescue operation crashes in Nepal
- Cyclone Jal To Bring Heavy Rainfall