MOUNT MERAPI - The death toll from a volcanic eruption on Indonesia's central Java island rose to 25 Wednesday, hospital staff said, as rescue workers resumed their search for bodies and survivors.
JAKARTA - Rescue teams resumed their search for more bodies and survivors Wednesday, a day after Indonesia's most dangerous volcano erupted, killing at least 17 people and injuring dozens of others, officials and media reports said.
LAGOS - At least 13 people have been killed while several went missing following a communal clash in Nigeria's Cross River state, police said.
GHAZIABAD - Three motorcycle-borne men, one said to be dressed in police uniform, Tuesday shot and robbed a recovery agent of Tata Motors of about Rs.5 lakh in Ghaziabad, police said Tuesday.
GREATER NOIDA - A police constable committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle here, police said Tuesday.
- Police remand for CPI-M supporters in murder case
- 15 killed as Indonesia volcano spews hot ash (Second Lead)
- Air Arabia flight makes emergency landing at Kochi
- One held for damaging railway track in Bengal
- Ranchi court to hear Rahul, Arundhati remarks cases
- One dies, 13 injured as Indonesian volcano erupts
- Amit Shah’s bail hearing adjourned to Wednesday
- Attempt to kidnap Tamil actress foiled (Lead, Correcting intro)
- 84 killed in Indonesian quake
- Plane makes emergency landing after drunken brawl
- BSP legislator, brother booked on murder charge
- 23 killed, 103 missing after Indonesian quake
- Pakistan jumps up the corruption index
- Gujarat gets notice on plea to change Gulberg Society case judge
- Drunk municipal officer suspended
- Belize Lashed By Hurricane Richard Before Weakening
- Attempt to kidnap Tamil actress foiled
- Rajapaksa appeals to Saudi Arabia to pardon maid
- Tornado In Texas Spells Mayhem!
- Sumatra Rocked By Earthquake
- Priest arrested on rape charge
- Interlocutors visiting Shopian in south Kashmir
- Prostitutes in Spanish town to wear reflective vests
- New Zealand boy kills 11-year-old friend
- 11-month boy stolen from Hyderabad hospital
- Nepal orders probe into Maoist attack on Indian envoy
- Terrorist-turned-robber nabbed in Punjab