COPIAPO - The ordeal of 33 miners trapped for two months underground in Chile ended late Wednesday as the last miner, Luis Urzua, 54 - the man who guided his men through the ordeal - emerged to safety and ear-splitting cheers above ground.
SAN JOSE - The last of the 33 trapped Chilean miners, 54-year-old Luis Urzua, the shift foreman, was rescued Wednesday after having stayed 700 metres underground for more than two months.
GENEVA - More than 236,000 people have been killed worldwide in different natural disasters this year so far, the UN has said on International Day for Disaster Reduction.
COPIAPO - "Glorious", "historic", "heroic": were among the words used by those watching in awe Wednesday as 33 miners trapped 700 metres underground in northern Chile were one by one lifted to the surface after more than two months.
LUCKNOW - The Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday issued shoot-at-sight orders against booth capturers during the panchayat polls in the state.
- Chhattisgarh official owns assets worth millions
- Gujarat riots panel to quiz former minister
- Six hurt in Uttar Pradesh explosion
- ISRO scientist killed in Himachal accident
- Drive against illicit liquor trade in Delhi
- Kidnapper attempts suicide in court
- Two aides of gangster Munna Bajrangi held
- Gang of metal thieves busted
- Another suicide due to alleged harassment
- I will cooperate in PDS scam probe: Former Arunachal CM
- Long-pending changes to law on boilers notified
- 71 challans issued for Games lanes violations
- Trinamool claims two workers hurt by CPI-M men
- No payment to streaker till Obama confirms
- Mother hits her starving kids out of fear
- Probe into CWG corruption charges soon: Lalit Bhanot
- Police baton charge Kanpur protesters, 10 hurt
- 18 die in accident at Iranian military base
- Indian man suffers racist attack in Britain
- Indian-origin teacher admits she had sex with pupils
- Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husband
- Hurricane Paula Attains Strength
- Loss due to Pakistan floods pegged at $9.5 bn
- Rs.6 mn bank robbery case solved, three held
- BCCI lodges complaint against Lalit Modi
- Chilean Miners’ Evacuation Process Begins
- Underground odyssey: Chile miners defied the odds
- 50 percent of Colombian men admit to abusive behaviour