MANILA - Five government militiamen died in a shooting rampage by a comrade who was later killed by pursuing troops in the southern Philippines, the army and police said Monday.
BUENOS AIRES - Twelve people had a miraculous escape when their plane crashed shortly after takeoff and caught fire in Argentina Sunday, police said.
BEIJING - A moderate earthquake that hit China's Henan province Sunday left 12 students injured, officials said Monday morning.
KAMPALA - At least 21 people were killed Sunday in a bus accident in northwest Uganda, police said.
JAMMU - Jammu police Sunday rescued 28 Ladakhi children from a room where they were confined to by an NGO here, and arrested five members of the organisation, an official said. The children will fly back to Leh Monday.
- Man arrested for credit card fraud
- German shipping firm says pirates have taken its vessel
- Lovers commit suicide in Jammu village
- Murdered Ghaziabad jeweller’s phone record being examined
- Fire in Punjab bank
- Quake hits central China
- Women power calls the shot at Mumbai film fest forum
- Two killed in Maharashtra truck accident
- Leh children rescued, handed over to parents
- Goa airport runway closed for two hours after fuel spill
- Fearing ‘devil’, 11 jump out of window
- Pirates seize gas tanker off Kenyan, 17 crew on board
- Thief’s hand amputated in Iran
- Two killed in cylinder blast
- Archery coach Lenin dies in road accident
- Pakistan set to be one of most corrupt countries
- Archery coach dies in road accident
- 50 injured in Bangladesh protests