AGRA - Three people have been arrested here with nine sacks of coins that were to be melted illegally in Delhi, police said Friday.
SANTIAGO - Many of the miners rescued last week after more than two months trapped underground in northern Chile have decided to take legal action against the firm that owns the mine and against the Chilean government, lawyer Edgardo Reinoso said Thursday.
MEXICO CITY - An undersea earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale rocked northwest Mexico Thursday, Xinhua reported.
GHAZIABAD - A murder case was Thursday registered against a former Ghaziabad jail superintendent for the death in the prison last year of a serial blast accused.
QUITO - Four miners who had been trapped in an Ecuadorian gold mine for close to a week were found dead, Ecuadorian media reported Thursday quoting the authorities.
- British MP’s wife faces trial over cat theft
- If prosecution case solid, hostile witnesses don’t matter: Court
- Floods kill 15 in Thailand
- Railways begin Kolkata Metro derailment probe
- 150,000 evacuated in China due to typhoon threat
- Delhi Police mark Commemoration Day parade
- Mumbai-bound plane hit by bird, lands safely
- Woman slices girl’s tongue to attain wealth
- British tourist’s body found in Nepal lake
- Congress suspends leader for ink assault on minister
- Seven dead in bomb blast inside Philippine bus
- Congress leader paid youths for ink assault on minister
- Himachal exam scam: Police hunt for ‘Munnabhais’