SANTIAGO - The 33 miners who were trapped for more than two months in northern Chile Monday played, and lost, a football match against the rescue teams who lifted them from the depths of the earth, including Chilean President Sebastian Pinera.
NEW YORK - A tornado injured many people, damaged several homes and derailed a few trains in the US state of Texas, officials said.
SANTIAGO - A presidential medal ceremony Monday for the 33 miners who were trapped for more than two months in northern Chile provided a chance for a meeting between the freed men and the rescue teams who lifted them from the depths of the earth.
BERLIN - Pirates, probably Somalis, who seized a German freighter abandoned the vessel without any ransom after the crew went into hiding, the shipping company said Monday.
JAKARTA - A strong quake struck off the western coast of Indonesia's Sumatra island late Monday but there were no immediate reports of damage.
- Three killed in Chicago suburb shooting
- Tihar Jail to lodge terrorist Hawara
- Delhi to host global road safety meet
- Five bus passengers injured in Noida accident
- Court asks CBI if it can give Nandigram report to Bengal
- Cops involved in barbaric acts threat to society: apex court
- Strong quake hits Indonesia, tsunami warning issued
- 27 dead in Myanmar cyclone
- Businessmen looted in Ghaziabad
- Gunmen kill 13 more in Mexico border city
- Over 250 die of cholera in Haiti
- Drunk Russian tourist saved on Goa beach
- Thailand flooding threatens Bangkok
- Haiti’s Cholera: Death Toll Grows
- Young man dies in police custody
- Two booked as train kills five deer
- Nude Indian dancers’ tale propaganda, say Nepal Police
- 23 injured in Tamil Nadu blast
- Mount Merapi Simmers, Evacuations Ordered
- Six killed as jeep falls into Meghalaya gorge
- 2 rail employees booked after 5 deer run over by train
- Six Punjabi youths rescued from Malaysia
- Young man dies in Tripura police custody
- Men absconding after beating bus driver to death
- US couple charged for holding woman as sex slave
- Hurricane Richard Hits Belize
- Bihar policeman held for Maoist links
- 18-year-old, parents found dead in Delhi
- Man shot dead inside train
- Blast in fast food outlet in Australia
- 1,500 World War II-era shells found in US
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident