YANGON - Over 170,000 people have been affected by Cyclone Giri that struck Myanmar's western coastal Rakhine state in October, the UN said Monday.
KOLKATA - A piece of wood from a capsized trawler in West Bengal provided a lifeline to a 15-year-old boy, who floated in the Muriganga river for 24 hours by clinging on to it till he was rescued Sunday morning.
KAKDWIP - The deaths in the West Bengal trawler capsize in the Muriganga river rose to 23 after five more bodies were fished out Sunday, even as divers from the Indian Navy, Coast Guard and Kolkata Port Trust conducted a massive operation to look for about 100 still missing.
RANCHI - Suspected Maoists abducted two local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders from Jharkhand's Latehar district Sunday afternoon, police said.
GHAZIABAD - Suspecting an insider hand, investigators Sunday questioned employees of a finance company from where gold worth over Rs.1 crore was looted by armed dacoits in Ghaziabad a day earlier, police said.
- Five highway robbers arrested in Jharkhand
- Defeated candidate chops off rival’s hand in Uttar Pradesh
- Haryana woman held for selling minor girl
- Bengal trawler capsize: Toll now 20
- Girl-dominated gang running loan racket busted
- Meghalaya chief minister condemns attack on temple
- Am yet to discuss Adarsh matter with Antony: Pranab
- A girl uses iPod to prevent kidnapping
- Fire in Delhi shoe factory, no injuries
- Bengal trawler tragedy: Search operations resume
- Four arrested in Punjab for killing NRI
- New Zealand man would make daughter pray after abusing her
- Teenager stabbed in fight organised on Facebook
- Two held with contraband in Chandigarh
- Indonesia tsunami toll rises to 450