BEIJING - A Panama-flagged freighter with 29 Chinese sailors on board has been hijacked by pirates in the Arabian Sea, the China Marine Rescue Centre (CMRC) said Saturday.
GENEVA/WASHINGTON - A cholera epidemic sweeping across Haiti has killed more than 800 people, hospitalised 12,000 and put an estimated 200,000 at risk, the UN said Friday, as it appealed for $163 million in donor aid.
NEW DELHI - Two people, including a woman, were arrested for allegedly selling semi-automatic weapons and ammunition to criminals in Delhi and the National Capital Region, police said Friday.
NEW DELHI - Crimes against women are "social crimes" and "disrupt the entire social fabric", the Supreme Court Friday noted and asked a man convicted of murdering his wife why his life imprisonment should not be enhanced to death sentence.
LUCKNOW - Police in Uttar Pradesh's Jhansi district Friday registered a criminal case against Bollywood item girl Rakhi Sawant in connection with the death of a young man who had featured on a reality show hosted by her, an official said.
- Rathore walks out of jail, smile still intact
- Over 250 Congress leaders held in Chhattisgarh
- Environment ministry notice to demolish Adarsh highrise
- Rathore walks out of jail, smiling
- Boy’s death in road accident sparks violence, 12 hurt
- Delhi University student rape: 2 accused are juveniles
- Fire destroys Buddhist tribal chief’s palace in Bangladesh
- British judge sentences thief in verse
- Briton jailed for showing finger in Dubai
- Splendor Cruise Ship At San Diego
- Haryana honour killing: Man shoots brother-in-law
- Indian radio station ordered to pay defamation damages
- Four cops accused of rape inside police station complex
- Canoeing trainee’s body recovered from Hyderabad lake
- Cult member vandalises Facebook tribute pages
- Two Pakistani kids killed, stuffed into box