RAIPUR - Income Tax (IT) department sleuths carried out raids Thursday at different premises of Visa Steel in Chhattisgarh's industrial town of Raigarh, officials said.
LUCKNOW - Two people, including a teenager, were arrested Thursday for abducting a minor boy for ransom and then killing him in Uttar Pradesh's Shahjahanpur district, police said.
New Delhi, Nov. 11 (IANS) The Supreme Court Thursday granted bail to former Haryana director general of police S.P.S. Rathore, who is serving an 18-month jail sentence in the 1990 Ruchika Girhotra molestation case.
LUCKNOW - A 24-year-old man from Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh who appeared on a reality show featuring Rakhi Sawant was so upset by the reportedly "indecent remarks" made against him by the Bollywood item girl that he stopped eating and died, his family alleged Thursday.
COLOMBO - At least one person drowned and more than 260,000 were affected by floods Thursday as heavy rains hit Sri Lanka's capital and surrounding areas, interrupting the power supply, a government spokesman said.
- Iraqis extradited to Britain, jailed for honour killing
- Staines killing worse than carnage, apex court told
- Bengal farmers’ killing: 44 CPI-M activists get life term
- Policing of student protest not enough: Britain police
- Absconding ex-cop arrested for murdering servant
- Orders for Rathore’s release yet to be received: jail officials
- Kachru ragging death: Guilty get four years’ rigorous imprisonment (Roundup)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers probes email rating female staff
- Kachru ragging: Guilty get four years’ rigorous imprisonment (Second Lead)
- Kachru ragging: Guilty get four years’ jail term
- Congress leader shot at in Uttar Pradesh, injured critically
- Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualty
- Fritzl planned to kill his dungeon family in acid bath
- Four convicted in Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case
- Timeline of Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case
- Shelterless flood-hit Pakistanis dread approaching winter
- Probe begins into Air India flight emergency landing
- Five oil tankers of goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh
- Pakistani city jails two dozen bakers
- Four students guilty of ragging to death Aman Kachru
- 20 years after crash, pilot’s body found in Bolivian Andes
- Fire kills 16 in El Salvador prison
- Uttar Pradesh IT commissioner faces arrest for forgery
- ‘Pakistan must learn from India on action against corruption’
- Close shave for 250 as bird hits plane in Goa
- Britain bribes foreign prisoners to return homes