YARMOUTH, Mass. - In the end, Earl's worst damage in New England was to seasonal businesses hoping to end their summer on a high note.
MIAMI - Forecasters say Tropical Storm Earl has made landfall near Western Head, Nova Scotia.
YARMOUTH, Mass. - In the end, Hurricane Earl wasn't even as bad as some of the no-name nor'easters that pound New England from time to time.
CHATHAM, Mass. - The remnants of Hurricane Earl took aim at Nova Scotia early Saturday after a brush with the Northeast that was far less intense than feared, dumping heavy, wind-driven rain on Cape Cod cottages and fishing villages accustomed to nor'easters.
CHATHAM, Mass. - The remnants of Hurricane Earl headed for Nova Scotia early Saturday after a brush with the Northeast that was far less intense than feared, dumping wind-driven rain on Cape Cod's gray-shingled cottages and fishing villages.
- Earl becomes tropical storm on way to New England
- Earl threatens Mass. with wind, rain, surf
- Winds up on Nantucket, Earl now a weak hurricane
- Earl weakens, still hurricane on way to Northeast
- Earl sideswipes NC, takes aim at New England
- Earl weakens to a Category 1, winds near 85 mph
- Earl sideswipes Outer Banks, heads for Northeast
- Flooding on Outer Banks, Earl heads for Northeast
- Earl blows past Outer Banks on path to Northeast
- Earl's center passes east of Cape Hatteras, NC
- Earl's gusts, rains lash Outer Banks, reach VA
- Earl weakens but still powerful as it scoots by NC
- Forecasters say little late-night Earl worries
- Earl weaker, still powerful, winds hit Outer Banks
- Earl's winds and rains blow into NC coast
- Comfort Inn a hurricane hostel in NC
- Earl weakens, still powerful, headed to NC
- Earl weakens but still powerful as it passes NC
- Earl rains begin to hit NC's Outer Banks
- Earl threatens East Coast with a pounding
- Earl weakens slightly, winds still at 115 mph
- Earl threatens East Coast with 125 mph winds
- Earl weakens slightly, still packing 125 mph winds
- Earl undergoes change, strong winds extend farther
- Earl threatens East Coast with weekend pounding
- Mass. coast gets hurricane warning ahead of Earl
- More NC residents leave coast ahead of Earl
- Tropical storm warning issued for Long Island
- Some bunker down, some flee as Earl approaches US
- Hurricane Earl weakens to Cat 3 storm in Atlantic
- Tourists quit NC islands as Earl nears East Coast
- National Hurricane Center Monitoring Fiona Continuously
- Earl threatens US Coast after hitting Caribbean
- Hurricane Earl Picks Up Power
- Growing Hurricane Earl threatens north Caribbean