LUCKNOW - A poacher was arrested from Uttar Pradesh's Chandauli district with skins of tigers and a leopard, police said Tuesday.
Moscow, Nov 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The toll in Haiti's cholera outbreak has topped 1,000 people, the Caribbean country's health ministry said, as efforts to contain the disease continue.
AMETHI - Calling on the widow of a slain revenue official, Ram Kumar Yadav, allegedly killed by a ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) lawmaker in Uttar Pradesh, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Tuesday backed her demand for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the murder.
KOLKATA - The West Bengal government Tuesday announced Rs.1 lakh compensation for the next of kin of each of the 24 people from the state who died in the building collapse in east Delhi Monday night, it was announced here Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - Rescue workers Tuesday night continued to dig through the rubble of a collapsed five-storeyed building in east Delhi, searching frantically for the over 30 people feared still trapped. The toll in the accident has reached 66 and 74 injured, while the owner of illegally-constructed building has been arrested.
- Four held for poaching tiger, smuggling wildlife goods
- Hope of finding kin fades under collapsed building
- Indian-origin woman kills son fearing separation
- Adarsh housing scam: CBI meets Maharashtra chief secretary
- Gas leak kills one in Maharashtra (Lead, Changing dateline)
- Delhi building collapse toll 66, over 30 still feared trapped (Roundup)
- 68 kg hashish seized from fruit market
- Pharma plant gas leak kills one, injures five in Maharashtra town
- Assam tea planter, son kidnapped by gunmen
- Abu Salem held guilty in fake passport case
- Blame game in midst of building collapse tragedy
- Seven injured in clash of Congress, RSS workers in Ranchi
- Haryana designates police stations for counterfeit currency
- Paan vend owner exposes job scheme graft, gets death threats
- Relatives throng hospitals to look for missing kin
- We aren’t going to hurt you, said men who killed Indian-origin woman
- Sonia visits injured in Delhi building collapse
- Inter-state drug gang busted, heroin worth Rs.2 crore seized
- Desperate families look out for sounds of survival
- 100 lashes for lovers who had sex
- Four held as Shanghai blaze toll rises to 53
- New Delhi Building Collapse Claims 64
- Unsafe buildings will be demolished: LG Tejender Khanna
- Rs.2 lakh compensation for Delhi building collapse victims
- Delhi death toll rises to 60, rescuers hunt for survivors