BEIJING/TAIPEI - An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale struck off the eastern coast of Taiwan Sunday, but there were no immediate reports of casualties, Xinhua reported.
NEW DELHI - Another aide of Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi was arrested Sunday by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for his alleged involvement in the Queen's Baton Relay scam, an official said.
GHAZIABAD - A teenaged girl, handed over to a money lender by her father who failed to repay a loan of Rs.15,000, was rescued by police from Ghaziabad Sunday, an official said.
KOLKATA - Three activists of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) were killed by suspected Maoists Sunday in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, police said.
NEW DELHI - A fire broke out and was quickly put out in a five-star hotel in central Delhi Sunday evening, the fire brigade said. No one was injured.
- Women pickpockets target trade fair
- Four die in China chemical plant blast
- Commuters block rail traffic to protest accidents
- Five dead as car falls into Maharashtra river
- Seven killed as bomb explodes in Bihar (Second Lead)
- Natural disasters since 1970 take heavy toll in Pakistan
- Over 2,500 kids went missing in Karachi last year
- Laboratory producing cocaine found in Bogota