PATNA - At least seven people were killed Sunday morning when a cylinder bomb exploded at Pachokhar village in Bihar's Aurangabad district, police said.
WELLINGTON - Three days after a gas explosion trapped 29 men in a New Zealand coal mine, officials said Sunday it was still too dangerous to send rescuers underground to look for them.
KOLKATA - At least eleven policemen, including one officer, were injured in West Bengal's North 24-Parganas district Saturday in attack by locals during a security check prior to Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee's visit Sunday.
SITAPUR - Property worth lakhs of rupees was destroyed in a massive fire that broke out in a plywood factory in this Uttar Pradesh district Saturday, police said. No casualties were reported.
BHUBANESWAR - A fast track court in Orissa Saturday sentenced 14 people to three years of rigorous imprisonment for their involvement in the communal riots in Kandhamal district of the state in 2008.
- Fate of New Zealand’s 29 trapped miners still unclear
- Boycotted Dalit woman commits suicide in Orissa
- Many Punjab women entering Greece illegally, say gurdwaras
- Doctors group protests Desai’s election to Gujarat University senate
- Sikh pilgrims’ tents in Pakistan catches fire; no casualties
- Bank officer robbed of car, mobile in Chandigarh