Girl electrocuted while plucking flowers in schoolBy IANS
Friday, November 19, 2010
LUCKNOW - The manager of a private school in Uttar Pradesh’s Unnao district was booked Friday in connection with the death of a minor girl, who got electrocuted while plucking flowers from the flower bed in the school garden, which had been connected to a live wire by the school administration.
Twelve-year-old Radha Singh was electrocuted Thursday evening after she came in contact with the wire in the Saraswati Vidya Mandir in Indira Nagar area of Unnao.
“The girl, who was returning from her tuition classes, was killed on the spot,” police inspector Lakshman Rai told reporters Friday in Unnao, some 35 km from Lucknow.
“We today (Friday) registered a case against the school manager Shankar Sahu in connection with the girl’s death,” he added.
Sahu is absconding.
“Teams have been constituted to nab him,” said Rai.
Radha was a Class 7 student of another branch of the Saraswati Vidya Mandir in the Pooranpur area.