LUCKNOW - Goods worth around Rs.50 lakh were gutted when a fire broke out in a wholesale grain market governed by the State Agriculture Produce and Marketing Board in Uttar Pradesh's Mainpuri town, police said.
LUCKNOW - Hundreds of education and physical education graduates were baton charged here Monday after they clashed with the police and damaged vehicles to demand their appointment as primary school teachers, police said.
LUCKNOW - Simultaneous raids over the past three days by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) at more than half a dozen cities across India have unearthed immovable properties worth about Rs.100 crore owned by an Uttar Pradesh government chief engineer, officials said Saturday.
LUCKNOW - Two Nepali nationals suspected of supplying explosives to Maoists have been arrested with a cache of detonators and gelatin sticks in Bahraich district of Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
LUCKNOW - At least two labourers were killed and nine injured after a massive fire broke out in a plywood factory here Thursday, police said.
- Fire in locomotive workshop, no casualty
- Major fire breaks out in Lucknow plastic factory
- Samajwadi Party MP gets bail
- Man kills daughter’s lover for family honour
- Railway official accused of sexual harassment by CWG medallist
- Three held with 100 cartridges and firearms
- Masked men throw acid on woman in Lucknow
- Senior official booked for driving employee to suicide
- Constable dies during endurance test
- Man kills girl for spurning friendship
- Man kills girl for spurning his friendship
- Cops gun down gangster in Lucknow
- Rahul meets three rape victims in Uttar Pradesh
- BJP demands CBI probe against Uttar Pradesh minister
- Women held for trying to block Mayawati’s convoy
- Dalit girl attacked for resisting rape, one held
- Cases lodged against ITBP, rail rooftop riders
- We want enquiry, say survivors of train tragedy
- Police forced us to sit on train roof, allege survivors
- Train rooftop accident toll 17, blame game on
- Six dead, 16 injured as train roof-riders fall off
- Uttar Pradesh tops in crimes against women: Girija Vyas
- College manager booked for ill-treating girl students
- Three die in Uttar Pradesh gas leak, factory owner booked (Third Lead)
- Farmer immolates self to protest land acquisition
- Rape victim’s family alleges pressure by minister’s kin
- Doctor suspended for hiding evidence in rape-murder of Dalit teen
- Two booked for driving government employee to suicide
- Case against Facebook for hosting ‘I hate Gandhi’ group
- Armed men loot train passengers in Bihar
- Arrested Chinese sent to 10-day judicial remand
- Uttar Pradesh farmers protest land takeover, clash with cops
- Youths arrested for making illegal calls worth lakhs
- Charge-sheet filed against BSP MLA in Banda rape case
- Rapist legislator’s wife comes to his rescue