CHRISTCHURCH - "There are just bodies lying around," said a stunned resident of this New Zealand city after a massive earthquake Tuesday flattened buildings and falling debris crushed vehicles.
WELLINGTON - A 6.3-magnitude earthquake hit Christchurch Tuesday in New Zealand's South Island causing widespread destruction with reports of many deaths.
CHRISTCHURCH - A massive earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale Tuesday hit New Zealand South Island's largest city of Christchurch for the second time in less than six months, causing multiple deaths and widespread destruction.
SANT KABIR NAGAR - At least eight people, including five policemen, were injured here Monday night after a mob indulged in arson and vandalism to protest the death of a youth who was hit by a car and dragged for over 10 km, officials said.
NEW DELHI - A burgle-and-burn gang struck at a businessman's house and looted Rs.3 lakh in north Delhi's Trinagar area Monday, two days after the leader of another such gang was arrested, police said.
- Three held for duping people
- Man held for stabbing two friends
- Geelani asked to meet Delhi Police in hawala case
- Delhi police arrest robber on the run
- Haryana to probe Sikh massacre in village 26 years ago
- Dacoit gang busted, five arrested
- Sacked employee tries to kill boss, hits boss’s wife
- Women poisons sons, attempts suicide
- Gold ornaments looted from Maharashtra bank
- Uttar Pradesh school ‘changes’ national anthem
- Sailor dies as barge carrying ore sinks off Goa beach
- Chhattisgarh probes engineer’s donation to Maoists
- Chhattisgarh jails overcrowded: Minister
- Talwars move Allahabad High Court against CBI court order
- Major fire breaks out in Lucknow plastic factory
- Leopard’s carcass found in Uttar Pradesh forest
- Estonia mourns deaths at orphanage fire
- Man dupes CIA of $21 mn over anti-terror software
- Bihar’s hooch tragedy toll rises to 11