MEERUT - A massive fire gutted a sports goods factory in this Uttar Pradesh city, destroying equipment worth lakhs of rupees, police said Saturday. No casualties were reported.
MUZAFFARNAGAR - Depressed over strained relations with his wife who had killed herself earlier, a man poisoned his four minor children before attempting suicide here Friday, police said.
NEW DELHI - A 32-year-old vehicle supplier was allegedly shot by his client in central Delhi after a heated argument between them over pending bills turned violent Friday afternoon, police said.
HARDOI - A court here Friday awarded the death penalty to three people for killing five members of a family in 2009, police said.
NASHIK - Nashik police Friday rescued the kidnapped father of an officer from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's security detail and also apprehended the abductors, an official said.
- Gang of bus robbers busted, 11 arrested
- Two arrested for killing peacocks
- Man kills girl for spurning friendship
- Student forced to finish race dies
- Dalit girl killed for protesting harassment
- Court calls man ‘coward’ for killing woman, two kids
- Prisoners in Andhra jails to get phone facility
- Minor girl burnt alive for protesting harassment
- Court rejects Maudany’s bail plea
- US official to be charged with murder: Pakistani police
- Upper-casing password can foolproof your e-mail account
- Kashmir avalanche: Two bodies recovered
- Dhaka court orders trial in raped, flogged girl’s death
- Firms warn staff of iPhone, iPad hacking
- Insurance claims from floods in Australia soar
- Gunmen attack police in Rafah after Mubarak speech
- Man kills girl for spurning his friendship
- Kidnapped boy rescued in Haryana, abductor injured
- Snowfall brings respite to wheat crops in China
- Two hurt in Karachi rail track blasts
- Snowfall eases drought in China
- Mathura market fire destroys goods worth Rs.50 lakh
- CRPF trooper who killed woman kabaddi player dies
- India needs ‘freedom movement’ to root out corruption: Dosanjh