YARMOUTH, Mass. - In the end, Hurricane Earl wasn't even as bad as some of the no-name nor'easters that pound New England from time to time.
CHATHAM, Mass. - The remnants of Hurricane Earl took aim at Nova Scotia early Saturday after a brush with the Northeast that was far less intense than feared, dumping heavy, wind-driven rain on Cape Cod cottages and fishing villages accustomed to nor'easters.
MIAMI (GaeaTimes.com)- On Friday night the much anticipated Hurricane Earl lashed at Cap Cod's fishing villages with a force lesser than what was being anticipated.
CHATHAM, Mass. - The remnants of Hurricane Earl headed for Nova Scotia early Saturday after a brush with the Northeast that was far less intense than feared, dumping wind-driven rain on Cape Cod's gray-shingled cottages and fishing villages.
NORTH CAROLINA (GaeaTimes.com) -- Hurricane Earl has finally reached North Carolina and is continuing up the east coast of the US, leading two more states to declare states of emergency.
- Earl sideswipes Outer Banks, heads for Northeast
- Flooding on Outer Banks, Earl heads for Northeast
- Earl blows past Outer Banks on path to Northeast
- Earl's center passes east of Cape Hatteras, NC
- Earl's gusts, rains lash Outer Banks, reach VA
- Earl weakens but still powerful as it scoots by NC
- Forecasters say little late-night Earl worries
- Earl weaker, still powerful, winds hit Outer Banks
- Earl's winds and rains blow into NC coast
- Comfort Inn a hurricane hostel in NC
- Earl weakens, still powerful, headed to NC
- Earl weakens but still powerful as it passes NC
- Earl rains begin to hit NC's Outer Banks
- US East Coast braces for Hurricane Earl
- Earl's path along northeast is not well-worn
- Earl threatens East Coast with a pounding
- Earl Compels North Carolina Expands Evacuation Orders
- Hurricane Earl Threatens North Carolina
- Earl becomes Category 4 storm; Gaston forms
- Tropical Storm Gaston forms in the Atlantic
- Social Security sends early payments ahead of Earl
- NC declares state of emergency ahead of Earl
- Hurricane Earl Expected to Hit Ocracoke Islands
- Island evacuations start as Earl nears East Coast
- Hurricane warning for NC coast as Earl approaches
- Evacuation order expanded in NC ahead of Earl
- Ferries take people off NC island ahead of Earl
- NC island preparing to be evacuated ahead of Earl
- Tourists quit NC islands as Earl nears East Coast
- NC orders barrier island evacuation ahead of Earl
- Hurricane Earl threatens US East Coast
- Earl could force US evacuations ahead of Labor Day
- Forecasters issue hurricane watch for NC coast
- Hurricane Earl pounds Turks and Caicos; US braces
- FEMA: US evacuations may be required for Earl