HOUSTON (GaeaTimes.com)- A massive fire broke out in an antique shop in the Montrose area of Houston and quickly spread next door to a coffee shop.
HOUSTON - Images like those from Hungary of homes surrounded by red mud and cars floating through toxic sludge from a nearby metals plant would be unlikely in the U.S., where only two states have similar facilities, according to industry officials and regulators.
HOUSTON - The Houston Ship Channel was reopened Wednesday, restoring access to one of the nation's busiest ports three days after it was shut down by a barge accident, the Coast Guard said.
HOUSTON - The Houston Ship Channel has reopened, three days after it was closed by a barge accident.
HOUSTON - The Houston Ship Channel reopened Wednesday after an electric tower that had teetered over the waterway since a weekend barge accident was lowered to the ground, the Coast Guard said.
- Ships back up as Houston canal reopening delayed
- 4-dozen ships wait for Houston channel to reopen
- 48 ships wait for Houston Ship Channel to reopen
- USCG: Houston Ship Channel crash causes $1B loss
- 5 years after Rita hit, some left out of recovery
- BP to join oil companies' well containment program
- EPA investigates release at BP's Texas refinery
- Illinois pipeline leak spilled 6,100 bls of oil
- Enbridge says Ill. oil pipeline spill contained
- Key BP engineer refuses to testify at hearing
- For panel, details on BP's structure out of reach
- BP exec avoids question on relief well completion
- Key device in Gulf spill didn't get recertified
- BP vice president testifies before federal panel
- Oil spill panel hears about Halliburton warning
- Transocean official recalls 'confusion' about test
- Oil spill investigators focus on communication
- Hearings into cause of oil spill begin in Houston
- War comes home: Day-by-day, services honor fallen
- Gulf driller to light up cigar after job is done
- Texas sues feds over offshore drilling ban
- New Orleans judge to handle most Gulf spill suits
- Texas man gets 30 yrs. for 5 kids' drowning deaths
- Texas accuses BP of poorly operating its refinery
- On Gulf, a turning point nears in spill efforts
- BP creates special team to speed up claim payments
- Gulf crews hope to wrap up kill-attempt tests
- Despite oil, baby turtles being released to Gulf
- Texas panel: Arson investigators didn't err
- BP tries to limit release of oil spill research
- EPA takes new look at gas drilling, water issues
- BP: No evidence of new leaks in capped well
- BP: No signs that capped Gulf well leaking
- BP, scientists try to make sense of well puzzle
- Feds: Test results from well not as good as hoped