LOS ANGELES - It was so hot in Los Angeles on Tuesday that even Spider-Man took the day off.
LOS ANGELES - Forecasters may never know just how hot it got in Los Angeles during a day of record-breaking heat: After the temperature soared to 113 degrees in downtown, the thermometer took the rest of the day off.
LOS ANGELES - Southern California's heat wave has left tens of thousands of people without electricity.
LOS ANGELES - California's blistering fall heat wave sent temperatures to an all-time record high of 113 degrees Monday in downtown Los Angeles, and many sought refuge at the beach or in the shade.
WASHINGTON - After eight months, 2010 is running neck and neck with 1998 for the record as the hottest year at this point.
- Japan endures hottest summer on record
- Experts: Russia heat, smog trigger health problems
- Trend continues with second hottest July on record
- In Mideast, Ramadan fast begins in sweltering heat
- Moscow deaths double amid smog to 700 people a day
- Deaths in Moscow double amid smog
- 18 states endure deadly stretch of steamy weather
- Deadly heat wave stretches across 18 states
- Heat wave bakes 18 states from Texas to New York
- Death toll from raging Russian wildfires hits 50
- From row crops to roadways, heat wave takes toll
- South bakes, humidity feels like 100-plus degrees
- 25 dead as forest fires rage across Russia
- Raging Russian fires destroy homes, people flee
- Moscow sweats as second heat record set
- Sizzling Moscow shrouded in polluting smog
- Eastern US cooks in summer heat, temps reach 100s
- Bikinis in Moscow: Europe wilts in heat wave
- Heat wave eases in Northeast, but misery persists
- Temperatures ease in East, but misery persists
- East Coast to get relief from heat, not humidity
- Heat tests improved grid, and it appears to pass
- Heat wave hits National Zoo in DC
- Records fall again in East as heat swelters on
- Scorching temperatures return to wilting East
- Temperatures again approach 100 in wilting East
- Scorching temperatures returning to wilted East
- 'It's just too hot': East Coast scorched by heat
- Feel the burn! Heat wave affects sporting events
- East Coast seeks respite as temps soar above 100
- As power demand soars, grid holds up ... so far
- Easterners seek respite as temps soar above 100
- Heat blankets US as workers return after holiday
- Heat wave breaks in Kuwait
- Cleanup crews must battle oil _ and heat, humidity