Pacific tsunami warning center
SUMATRA (GaeaTimes.com)- The Moro Gulf of Mindanao Island in Philippines was hit by a total of 6 quakes today morning and this created sensation among the residents.
HONOLULU, Hawaii - A geophysicist at the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii says the tsunami was approaching Hawaii a bit faster than originally predicted.
PAPEETE, French Polynesia - Tsunami waves up to 6 feet (2 meters) high have struck parts of French Polynesia, but no damage was immediately reported.
EWA BEACH, Hawaii - A tsunami advisory has been extended to include the states of Oregon and Washington and parts of Alaska, as well as coastal British Colombia.
EWA BEACH, Hawaii - A tsunami triggered by the Chilean earthquake raced across the Pacific Ocean on Saturday, threatening Hawaii and the U.S.
- Hawaii sounds tsunami warning sirens
- Chile quake spawns tsunami, threatens Pacific Rim
- US ready to help Chileans 'in this hour of need'
- Samoa issued alert to begin evacuations
- US offers help to Chile
- Huge quake hits Chile; tsunami threatens Pacific
- Chile earthquake generates cross-Pacific tsunami
- Toll in Chile quake rises to 76 (Fourth Lead)
- Asia braces for tsunami after Chile quake
- Hawaii under tsunami warning
- 8.8-magnitude earthquake hits central Chile