PATNA - A woman teacher Tuesday knifed to death Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Raj Kishore Kesri at his home in Bihar's Purnia town, alleging he had raped her for over three years. The BJP termed it a conspiracy and demanded a CBI probe.
HYDERABAD - Police Tuesday continued their hunt for the killer of gangster-politician Gangula Suryanarayana Reddy alias Maddelachervu Suri, who was shot dead allegedly by an aide travelling with him in the same car. The autopsy report said he was shot at a close range of two-three centimetres.
AGARTALA - Tripura Police Tuesday launched "Prayaas", a multi-pronged community policing scheme, to reach out to the people, root out crime against women and to flush out terrorism.
MANILA - A dead male foetus was found in the toilet of an aeroplane that arrived in the Philippines from Abu Dhabi, a police report said Tuesday.
TAIPEI - A Taiwan scam victim paid 12 million Taiwan dollars ($400,000) for a croissant which he never got to eat, a newspaper said Tuesday.
- Court to resume Bofors payoff closure case Thursday (Roundup)
- Ethnic Indian challenges detention by Malaysian Air Force
- Citibank manager’s parents summoned by police
- Indian in Malaysian jail threatens to kill himself
- Verdict on closing Bofors payoff case Thursday
- RGV shocked at gangster-politician Suri’s killing
- Dead Birds And Fish In Arkansas: Autopsy Results Out
- CBI wants Quattrocchi case withdrawn despite new twist
- Five choke to death as house catches fire
- Dead Birds And Fish In Arkansas Baffles Officials
- Woman kills legislator who allegedly raped her (Second Lead)
- No breakthrough in Bihar youth’s abduction yet
- Bullet-hit Chhattisgarh student battles for life
- Police hunt for killer of gangster-politician
- Bihar legislator stabbed to death by woman
- Gangster-politician Suri’s murder: Police search for killer
- Colombian police seize 1.5 tonnes of cocaine