No breakthrough in Bihar youth’s abduction yetBy IANS
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
PATNA - Five days after an 18-year-old youth was abducted for ransom in Bihar’s Begusarai district, police have failed to make any breakthrough for his safe recovery.
Mohammed Shahraza of Saraunja village in Begusarai, about 125 km from here, was abducted Dec 30 and abductors have demanded a ransom of Rs.25 lakh for his release, police officials in Begusarai said Tuesday.
The boy’s father Mohammed Salim said he had lodged a complaint Jan 1 but the police are yet to trace his son.
“Police officials refused to lodge a case of kidnapping Dec 31 when I approached them. Only after hundreds of angry villagers protested before the deputy superintendent of police, a case was lodged Jan 1,” Salim told IANS over phone.
The fresh abduction spree is giving sleepless nights to parents, teachers and school authorities as several abducted people, including schoolboys, were killed during the last 10 days.
The news of the killing of schoolboys Golu, Neeraj, Amarjeet Kumar and other abducted people in the last few days has created panic.
Nearly two weeks after his abduction, police last week recovered the body of Rajiv Singh of Dumra block under Sitamarhi district.
Additional Director General of Police P.K. Thakur admitted that the police were worried over a sudden spurt in cases of kidnapping in the state.