NEW DELHI - Terming the Central Bureau of Investigation's closure report in the Aarushi murder case as a huge failure, a lawyer representing her parents Wednesday said their faith in the investigating agency has been shattered.
NEW DELHI/GHAZIABAD - The CBI Wednesday sought to close Aarushi Talwar's murder as an unsolved case, citing lack of evidence over two years since the 14-year-old was found killed in her Noida home. Her parents said they were "broken" by the move.
AHMEDNAGAR - Senior Mumbai Police inspector Arun Borude, who was absconding for more than a month after being accused of raping a minor girl, was found severely injured on a railway track in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra Wednesday, police said here. He later succumbed to his injuries.
BHOPAL - In the second incident in less than a fortnight of a farmer committing suicide in the state, a debt-ridden farmer poured kerosene and burned himself alive in his fields in Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh Wednesday, officials said.
NEW DELHI - Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi will be appearing before the CBI for questioning next week in connection with irregularities in the conduct of the October games, an official said Wednesday.
- One held after small blast on Miami airport tarmac
- Chennai police to seek court help if Modi keeps away
- Evidence-tampering led to Arushi case closure: Forensic expert
- Police officer’s wife falls, dies
- CBI tags Arushi murder as unsolved, seeks to close case
- Woman kills her baby, eats his flesh
- Absconding Mumbai cop found dead
- US plane makes emergency landing in Kazakhstan
- China busts 6,000 cases involving trademark breach
- Nigerian held with fake currency in Chandigarh
- Anti-graft efforts have yielded results, says China
- Sanjay Dutt says Noorani issued threats through dons
- CitiBank fraud not a systemic failure: Mukherjee
- Gujarat police in Bhopal to summon scribe in exhumation case
- Citibank manager who duped investors of Rs.100 crore untraced
- After raid, Dabur Nepal chief summoned for questioning
- Woman killed as Christmas gift explodes in Philippines
- Bengal academicians concerned over campus violence
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again
- Six injured in Uttar Pradesh building collapse
- Punjab Avenue: a signboard that keeps disappearing in California county
- BJD worker held for disrespect to tricolour
- Pro-Maoist shutdown cripples life in three Bengal districts
- Man kills father for being liquor addict
- Bank robbers walk away with CCTVs
- Man burns wife, daughter, commits suicide
- Dacoits thrash Pakistani cops, snatch guns
- Three held with 400 tortoises in Uttar Pradesh
- Tiger skins seized in Punjab, two Karnataka women held
- New book claims Indian role in Nepal palace massacre
- 12 die in Russian military plane crash
- Bangladesh’s ex-speaker booked for corruption
- Four held for killing man and his four sons