Mexico City, Dec 18 (IANS/EFE) At least 148 inmates escaped from a prison in the northern border city of Nuevo Laredo, said a Mexican official Friday.
BEIJING - At least six people were killed and four injured Friday night in a firecracker blast in China's Hunan province, officials said Saturday.
HONG KONG - Complaints by prostitutes in Hong Kong against police officers for using sex services while on undercover operations have surged in 2010, a news report said Saturday.
BANGALORE - A 29-year-old software engineer working with Dell was Friday murdered at her flat in an upscale south Bangalore area, police said.
LONDON - The coffin of Lee Harvey Oswald, the man who is believed to have assassinated then US president John F. Kennedy, has been sold for $90,000. The bids started at $1,000, BBC reported Friday.
- WikiLeaks founder fears ‘illegal’ probe by US
- Girl killed in black magic rite, couple held
- Four members of Trinamool’s student wing held
- Kerala minister pitches in for release of abducted Indian
- 25 injured in Gurgaon hotel explosion
- Coal exporter abducted in Meghalaya
- ‘Penalty imposed for denial of information unjustified’
- Son-in-law of Rahul’s Kalavati commits suicide
- Distribution of gas tragedy compensation begins - but not for all
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized
- Two Muslim groups clash, one injured
- 100 injured as Assam train derails, separatists hand suspected
- Girl burnt by alleged rapist dies after 13 days
- Three members of counterfeiters gang held
- Three held for minor’s murder in Uttar Pradesh
- Keep away from campus violence, Narayanan urges students
- Abducted for ransom, Pakistani killed for his brain
- ICRC refrains from commenting on WikiLeaks’ Kashmir expose
- Vietnamese freighter sinks; part of crew missing
- US-based Pakistani killed in Lahore
- Train derails in Assam, 100 injured
- ‘Assange has not broken Australian law’
- Raja’s predecessors too are not saints: Jayalalithaa
- Prisoners to teach other inmates in Uttar Pradesh
- Nepal air crash probe begins, travel agent arrested
- E-mail alerts to warn pilots about volcanic eruptions
- Over 900 kg poppy husk recovered in Punjab
- Nepal’s ex-crown prince pleads illness, calls off press meet
- College student held with leopard skin
- Contract murders for just $40 in Mexican city
- Court orders Brazilian magnate’s arrest
- 80 prisoners, 18 guards hurt in Chile jail violence