RAIPUR - Three legislators of Chhattisgarh's opposition Congress party were arrested Sunday evening in Surguja district for leading a demonstration against the allegedly deteriorating law and order situation in the state, police said.
GHAZIABAD - A criminal case was registered against two employees of the Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation for felling around 150 trees in the Vasundhara area for the marriage function of an Uttar Pradesh minister's kin, an official said Sunday.
LUCKNOW - A 40-year-old man was Sunday killed by a tiger in the Katarniya Ghat Tiger reserve in Uttar Pradesh's Bahraich district.
GHAZIABAD - A couple died Sunday after the car they were travelling in rammed into a bridge here, police said. Their 15-year-old son is battling for his life.
BRUEHL - One person was found dead while two other family members remained missing Sunday after an overnight explosion collapsed a home near the western German city of Cologne.
- Poll officials injured in accident
- Fifth suspect held in South Africa honeymoon murder
- Child dies after swallowing heroin
- Soldier shoots colleagues before killing himself
- 18-year-old gangraped in Delhi, four held
- Three students killed in Uttar Pradesh accident
- One dead as Bangladesh garment workers clash with police
- 340 held for illegal mining in Orissa since January
- Rape victims had hidden agenda, Julian Assange’s lawyer
- Kerala bus torching: PDP leader’s wife to be prosecuted
- Congress leaders booked for insulting flag on Sonia’s birthday
- Three women attacked with blades in Delhi
- Nine of family, driver die in Maharashtra accident
- 19-year-old gangraped in Delhi
- Gang of car thieves nabbed in Punjab