LUCKNOW - Two men were beaten to death by a group of villagers in Uttar Pradesh's Aligarh district Wednesday after they were caught while trying to break into a house, police said.
NEW DELHI - In the wake of rising crime against women, the Delhi government has decided to launch a poster campaign in the city asking people to respect women, an official said Wednesday.
BEIJING - At least 12 mentally ill people, enslaved in a factory in China's Xinjiang Uygur region, have been rescued and the factory owner arrested and charged with abuse, officials said.
BEIJING - A former government official in a Chinese province has been jailed for 13 years after his diaries detailing his sexual encounters, hard drinking and receiving bribes were leaked online, a media report said Wednesday.
- Christmas Island Faces Nature’s Wrath
- In Bengal village, a school to reform criminals
- Swamy moves court to make Raja prime accused in 2G scam
- Nepal moves to punish Indian envoy’s shoe attacker
- Journalist shot dead in Pakistan
- I’m victim of political vendetta: Nepal’s nabbed ex-crown prince
- Asylum seekers on wrecked boat drown off Australian island
- Royalists call shutdowns in Nepal over ex-crown prince’s arrest
- Mexican cop kills three fellow officers, then self