HINGOLI - Eight people, including five children, were drowned when their jeep fell into a canal in Hingoli district of Maharashtra while they were returning home from a pilgrimage, a police official said Thursday.
NEW DELHI - Two police officers were injured and their Police Control Room (PCR) van burnt by a mob in outer Delhi, police said Thursday.
HONG KONG - A man accused of luring Hong Kong women into having sex with him using the Facebook website as well as offers of money that he never paid might have worked his scam on up to 70 people, a newspaper reported Thursday.
BAGHPAT - The beheaded body of an Uttar Pradesh municipal corporator has been found here, police said Thursday. Two men have been arrested.
KATHMANDU - As search helicopters confirmed that all 22 people on board a small aircraft missing since Wednesday had perished in a dense forest in eastern Nepal, the government said it would initiate an inquiry to ascertain the nationality of the passengers, now believed to be mostly Bhutanese pilgrims.
- Dhaka gets tough with Islamists on 40th Victory Day
- Man who killed wife by stabbing her 25 times jailed
- Chopper crashes in Chandigarh airport, pilots injured
- Commoners to tour Bengal jails, mingle with convicts
- Evidence of wrongdoings in 2G spectrum grant: apex court
- Helicopter crashes in Chandigarh airport, pilot injured
- 25 injured as shop catches fires in Uttar Pradesh