Two killed in gas leak at Reddy’s labBy IANS
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
HYDERABAD - Two workers of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd were killed Wednesday after nitrogen gas leaked in the pharmaceutical firm at Bolarum on the outskirts of Hyderabad, police said.
No one else was affected as only two workers were present in the room in F block, Medak Superintendent of Police Sundar Kumar Das told IANS.
The dead have been identified as Choudhury Sridhar Reddy, a chemist, and Deepak Kumar, a casual labourer.
The official said negligence on the part of the management was to blame for the accident.
“The management had not taken proper safety measures and this resulted in the leakage of the gas,” Das said.
Reddy’s Lab issued a statement confirming the death of two people. The company said investigations were on.
Following the accident, other employees asked the management to improve the working conditions and take safety measures.