CHANDIGARH - It is one of the most well-planned and prosperous cities of the country, but a soaring crime graph is spoiling Chandigarh's reputation as a safe city. Residents have been shaken by a spate of murders, road rage incidents, ATM frauds and now even an assault on a Kashmiri politician.
WELLINGTON - It will be weeks before the bodies of the 29 men who died in a New Zealand coal mine disaster can be returned to their grieving families, a spokesman for an organisation with a key role in the recovery process said Sunday.
WELLINGTON - An electrical fault which blacked out the runway lights caused nearly 20 flights to be diverted from Auckland International Airport, disrupting hundreds of passengers over the weekend.
JAKARTA - A moderate quake with magnitude 6.0 on the Richter scale struck off eastern Indonesia early Sunday, officials said.
KARACHI - A cargo plane crashed near Pakistan's Karachi airport early Sunday, killing all eight crew members on board, Geo TV reported.
- Eight killed in Pakistan plane crash
- Cargo plane crashes in Pakistan
- Kidnappers free top Mexican politician: Report
- Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in Gujarat
- Book Geelani, Arundhati, says Delhi court (Second Lead)
- Assaulted engineer was corrupt, says Ghaziabad mayor
- Gang of cyber hackers busted in capital
- Fire at Kanshi Ram memorial in Lucknow
- Man held after trying to hijack plane with Iranian MPs
- Tripura trooper gets life for killing three colleagues
- Court moved over ‘anti-India’ speech by Kashmiri separatist
- Police hunt man who deposited bogus cheques for Rs.47 lakh
- 158 houses ready for flood-hit Leh families: Abdullah
- Railway driver dies on-duty
- Adarsh society papers missing, police launch probe
- Child abuse racket busted in Britain
- 126 people lynched in 2010 in Bangladesh
- 100 drunk drivers nabbed in Melbourne
- Some Adarsh society papers missing, police complaint filed
- Trafficking, smuggling at Indo-Bangladesh border discussed
- 1,000 herdsmen trapped in Inner Mongolia’s snowstorm
- ‘Munni Badnam Hui’ song gets Pakistani cops into trouble