CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - A strong aftershock rocked terrified residents of New Zealand's earthquake-stricken city of Christchurch on Wednesday, as officials doubled their estimate for repairing the damage following nearly 300 temblors in five days.
ISLAMABAD - The influx of foreign aid after the 2005 Kashmir earthquake significantly increased survivors' trust in the West, according to new research that also suggests hard-line Islamist charities did little to help despite the publicity they generated.
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - The powerful earthquake that smashed buildings, cracked roads and twisted rail lines around the New Zealand city of Christchurch also ripped a new fault line in the Earth's surface, a geologist said Sunday.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A powerful 7.1-magnitude earthquake damaged buildings, cut power and knocked fleeing residents off their feet on New Zealand's South Island early Saturday, but there were so far no deaths and only two injuries reported.
LOS ANGELES - The deadly tsunami that pounded several South Pacific islands last year was spawned by not one but two monstrous earthquakes, surprising new research reveals.
- Earthquakes hit southern Philippines; no damage
- S. California earthquake related to Easter temblor
- Magnitude-5.4 quake strikes SoCal desert
- Aftershocks rattle Calif-Mexico border region
- 4.5 quake hits seismically active Calif. border
- Powerful Baja quake less devastating than Haiti
- Aftershocks continue to shake Southern California
- Strong quake kills 2 in Mexico, rattles US states
- USGS says NorCal quake report wrong after review
- Millions in Calif., Ariz., Mexico feel 7.2 quake
- Magnitude-7.2 quake strikes Baja California
- Magnitude 7.2 quake strikes Baja California
- Baja California quake magnitude raised to 7.2
- Study suggests toads can detect coming earthquakes
- 6.0-magnitude earthquake hits west of Manila
- 6.2-magnitude earthquake hits west of Manila
- USGS seismologist warns of more Chile aftershocks
- Turkey pledges safer homes after quake
- Quake exposes poor construction in Turkey
- Not more quakes, just more people in quake zones
- Survivors shiver in Turkey after quake kills 51
- Deadly quakes are coincidence, scientists say
- Strong earthquake slams eastern Turkey, kills 51
- Earthquake flattens Turkish villages, kills 51
- 6.0 earthquake hits eastern Turkey, kills 57
- Chile was ready for quake, Haiti wasn't
- Tsunami hits French Polynesia; Pacific on watch
- West coast of U.S., Canada in tsunami advisory
- Hawaii blasts sirens, warns of possible tsunami
- Hawaii sounds tsunami warning sirens
- Chile quake spawns tsunami, threatens Pacific Rim
- Samoa issued alert to begin evacuations
- Chile earthquake generates cross-Pacific tsunami
- Quake rocks China-Russia-North Korea border region
- Fears of another quake become new Haiti boogeyman