PORTLAND, Ore. - Republican Chris Dudley, a former professional basketball player now running for governor in Oregon, acknowledges he allowed firefighters to burn his house in 2004 in a posh Portland suburb as part of a training exercise for the local fire department and took a $350,000 tax deduction for it.
PORTLAND, Ore. - A cool spring followed by a summer with only a scattering of hot days has delayed the Oregon wine grape harvest by at least two weeks and possibly up to a month.
PORTLAND, Maine - Dodge Morgan, who became the first American to sail solo around the globe without stopping - and did it in record time - has died of complications from cancer.
NEWARK, N.J. - Hurricane Earl played havoc with travelers' Labor Day weekend plans even as it weakened Friday on its path up the East Coast toward New England.
PORTLAND, Ore. - A small plane stalled and nose-dived into the roof of a house south of Portland on Friday, but the 70-year-old pilot and the homeowner survived.
- AP Interview: Maine man says NY bomber was partyer
- Maine detainee says NYC car bomber was sociable
- Small plane crashes in remote Ore., 2 men killed
- Van carrying bands crashes in Ore, vocalist killed
- NTSB examines fuel pump in fatal Maine plane crash
- Controller among 2 killed in Maine plane crash
- Maine officials ID 2 killed in small plane crash
- Officials: Small plane crash in Maine kills 2
- No bail for Maine man detained in car bomb probe
- Brothers collide in head-on crash in Oregon
- Bail set for Maine man held in Times Square probe
- Ore. helicopter crash families to settle lawsuits
- Doctor: Alaska crash victims critical but stable
- Motorists warned to beware of moose on move
- Shell to court: We're ready to drill Arctic Ocean
- Environmentalists to argue against Arctic drilling
- Man held in SC over Maine topless coffee shop fire
- Heavy rain threatens to topple records in East
- Clues emerge about WWII plane crashed in Oregon
- Clues emerging about crashed WWII plane in Ore.
- Navy World War II plane found near Oregon coast
- Snowmobiles, ATVs, lobster boats used for census
- Northwest at risk of megaquake like one in Chile
- Nearly 200K without power after Northeast storm
- More than 200K still powerless after winter storm
- More than 250K still powerless after winter storm
- New England states contract case of 'snow envy'
- Cold-weather states lose heating aid to South
- Damage to homes near Conn. power plant is assessed
- Driver's daughter surprised to hear of Nev. crash
- Father: Man who set self on fire mentally ill
- Portland man's body found in backyard sinkhole