PALMDALE, Calif. - Families of the missing fretted.
PALMDALE, Calif. - Two women from a religious sect that brought a frantic search when they were reported missing by their husbands say fears for their safety were a misunderstanding.
PALMDALE, Calif. - The leader of a breakaway religious sect was hospitalized Sunday for a mental evaluation, after she and 12 other members of her group went missing and left behind evidence that they were awaiting the rapture or some catastrophic event.
PALMDALE, Calif. - Authorities were questioning the leader of a breakaway religious sect Sunday, trying to figure out why its 13 members went missing after leaving behind evidence they were awaiting the rapture or some catastrophic event.
PALMDALE, Calif. - The members of a breakaway religious sect were found praying at a Los Angeles County park Sunday, halting a frantic search for the five adults and eight children who went missing after writing letters to family members saying goodbye.
- Sect members prayed outside school early Sunday
- Calif. pastor: Sect leader left church 2 years ago
- Friends: Missing sect leader devout, not fanatic
- Authorities search for 13 from 'cult-like' sect
- Sheriff's search for 13 members of LA-area 'cult'
- Crews gain ground on wildfire north of Los Angeles
- Wildfire smolders in desert north of Los Angeles
- Crews beat back wildfire in desert north of LA
- Air tanker drops fire retardant, slows LA wildfire
- Calif. wildfire grows, threatens structures
- Calif. wildfire jumps aqueduct, approaches homes
- Calif. wildfire forces hundreds from homes
- No homes in imminent danger from SoCal wildfire
- Firefighters attack river of flame northeast of LA
- Wildfire explodes in rural hills near Los Angeles
- Wildfire explodes in rural LA County hills
- 1,200 homes evacuated in LA Co. as fire spreads
- 1,500 homes evacuated in LA Co. as fire spreads
- 1,200 homes under evacuation orders in LA County
- 1,500 homes under evacuation orders in LA County
- AP News in Brief