On The Gulf Of Mexico
ON THE GULF OF MEXICO - The impending death of BP's blown-out oil well will bring one piece of the catastrophe that began five months ago to an anticlimactic end - after all, the gusher was capped in July.
ON THE GULF OF MEXICO - Crews working to seal BP's blown-out well in the Gulf of Mexico once and for all need to finish one more test on a cement plug before declaring the well permanently dead, officials said Saturday.
ON THE GULF OF MEXICO - Crews working to seal BP's blown-out well in the Gulf of Mexico once and for all need to finish one more pressure test on a cement plug before declaring the well permanently dead, officials said Saturday.
ON THE GULF OF MEXICO - A key piece of evidence in the oil spill probe has been safely secured on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico, and investigators are getting their first chance to personally look at the device up close.
ON THE GULF OF MEXICO - Investigators looking into what went wrong in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill are a step closer to answers now that a key piece of evidence is secure aboard a ship.
- BP: Crews lifting key device from Gulf face delay
- Final plug nears after crews cement oil well's top
- Crews wait for cement to dry in Gulf oil well
- Crude still coats marshes and wetlands along Gulf
- As BP plugs leak, report says most of oil is gone
- BP: Mud pumped into well is holding back the oil
- Seafloor gusher requires attack from 2 directions
- On water, 'static kill' appears to be going well
- BP begins attempt to cut off gusher by pumping mud
- La. fishermen wrinkle their noses at 'smell tests'
- BP official: I would serve Gulf fish to my family
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Salazar keeps oil drill ban, for now
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Salazar tours rigs, keeps drill ban
- Ships steam to safer waters as storm enters Gulf
- Ships steam to safer waters as storm guns for Gulf
- Storm could take away sights and sounds of BP well
- Ships evacuate spill site as tropical storm nears
- Oil spill work stalls as Bonnie races toward Gulf
- Oil spill work on hold as Bonnie approaches
- Key ships ordered to leave spill site before storm
- Feds order ships to leave spill site before storm
- BP's oil well to stay shut despite tropical storm
- BP's leaky oil well to stay corked during storm
- BP's leaky well to stay capped during storm
- Tropical depression races toward BP's leaky well
- Tropical depression halts work on BP's leaky well
- Ships ready to leave leaky well as storm brews
- BP Gulf spill costs hit $2 billion, no end yet
- BP's Gulf oil spill costs reach $2 billion
- Far offshore, crews drill into Gulf to stop oil
- Crews drill deep into Gulf of Mexico to halt leak
- Month into Gulf spill, fishermen see bleak future
- BP: 2nd, smaller container reaches Gulf seafloor
- Political patience wanes as Gulf oil spill grows
- BP: 2nd box on its way to Gulf oil spill site