Natural Resource Management
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Sea Shepherd deliberately sank its own high-tech protest boat after a January collision with a Japanese whaling ship to gain sympathy, the former skipper alleged Thursday in a public spat with the conservation group's founder.
METAIRIE, La. - Members of a federal panel investigating the cause of the Gulf of Mexico rig explosion and oil spill accused rig owner Transocean on Tuesday of thwarting their efforts to get to critical documents and a witness.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't stop the government from making Apex Oil Company Inc.
NEW ORLEANS - President Barack Obama endorsed a plan Tuesday to rehabilitate the Gulf of Mexico with some of the billions of dollars in water pollution fines expected from the companies responsible for the worst offshore oil spill in U.S.
WASHINGTON - A Justice Department official says no settlement talks are taking place between the Obama administration and BP over fines for BP's massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- APNewsBreak: BP, feds in talks over spill fines
- Congressman: BP, feds in talks over spill fines
- Obama urged to use spill fines to restore Gulf
- BP works on own estimate for amount of oil spilled
- Flooding forces Wis. city to evacuate downtown
- Fire mitigation west of Boulder under review
- Typhoon knocks out power, transportation in Taiwan
- Shark attack survivors don't forget but do forgive
- AP ENTERPRISE: A look at who got gov't Gulf work
- Egypt protects water stations from Nile oil spill
- Turtle egg rescue at space center billed success
- Homes evacuated overnight near Montana wildfire
- Evacuations lifted in SoCal as fire's spread slows
- BLM expands off-road race reviews nationwide
- First oiled turtles released in Gulf after rehab
- Nevada off-road race going forward on BLM land
- Off-roaders worry accident may mean sport's end
- BLM to review off-road wreck that killed 8 fans
- Off-road racer rolls truck into crowd, killing 8
- Driver in truck crash ID'd; no charges planned
- 8 killed as truck slams into spectators at CA race
- Giant fire set pace for Forest Service
- Ames must conserve to restore water after flooding
- Ames water towers filling, but crisis persists
- Iowa city resigned to bottled water after floods
- Hurricane could bring bureaucratic delays to Gulf
- Killer grizzly's cubs settling into Montana zoo
- Grizzly in triple mauling was light, not starving
- Risk of disease rises amid deadly Pakistan floods
- Feds, farmers create habitats for migrating birds
- Mother Nature helps firefighters battle Calif fire
- Calif. firefighters gain on the worst of wildfires
- Plane carrying 152 crashes in Pakistan; 5 dead
- Reid unveils pared-down energy and oil bill
- 6 homes destroyed in Sequoia National Forest blaze