Mass Transit Systems
SALINA, N.Y. - A double-decker bus driver may have been distracted by his own GPS device when he drove the vehicle into a railroad bridge in central New York, killing four passengers, authorities said Wednesday.
SALINA, N.Y. - A double-decker bus that may have made a wrong turn off the highway slammed into a low railroad bridge in the pre-dawn darkness Saturday in a wreck that killed four passengers and critically injured others, authorities said.
SALINA, N.Y. - Authorities say a double-decker bus heading to Toronto hit a railroad bridge in central New York, killing four people and injuring 25 others.
WASHINGTON - Supporters of a bill that would give federal regulators power to force transit agencies to make safety improvements are rallying around a ruling that the lack of federal oversight contributed to the fatal Metro crash in Washington last year.
WASHINGTON - A faulty electronic circuit that caused a deadly Metro crash last summer was symptomatic of an "anemic safety culture" at the D.C.
- NTSB: D.C. transit had wide problems before crash
- Authorities seek cause of deadly Calif. bus crash
- 6 dead, many hurt in Calif Greyhound bus crash
- 5 dead in Calif Greyhound bus crash
- Buffalo, NY, bus driver saves 10 from burning home
- Heat slows down train travel in rail-reliant East
- Dozens rescued as flash floods inundate Okla. City
- Explosions, gunfire in central Bangkok
- NYC's Bloomberg in London to view transit CCTV
- Denver police say bus crash kills 1, injures 15
- US transit security beefed up after Moscow blast
- 19 hurt when Houston transit train, bus collide
- 18 hurt when Houston transit train, bus collide
- 500 stranded on NJ Transit train for 5 hours
- Bam! Bam! Bam! 3rd blizzard this month smacks East
- Northeast snow halts planes, trains, automobiles
- Metro train derails, minor injuries reported
- Airlines cancel flights as winter storm hits South
- Snow piles up, paralyzing nation's capital
- 2 workers killed in latest DC-area track accident
- 2 DC transit workers killed working on tracks