JOLIET, Ill. - Drew Peterson's attorneys say they'll ask that the former suburban Chicago police officer be released from jail pending an appeal in his upcoming murder trial.
JOLIET, Ill. - A hearing for Drew Peterson ended Friday night with the same question it began with a month ago: Is there enough evidence to convince a judge that the former police officer may have killed his third and fourth wives to keep them from testifying before a jury? In dramatic closing statements after the last of more than 70 witnesses testified, prosecutors portrayed Peterson as a cold-blooded killer who took the lives of Kathleen Savio in 2004 and Stacy Peterson three years later to keep them from getting his money.
JOLIET, Ill. - A renowned pathologist testified Friday that former police officer Drew Peterson's ex-wife drowned in her bathtub in 2004 after being beaten and intentionally held under water, not after an accidental fall.
JOLIET, Ill. - The crime scene technician didn't think twice about the bottle of cleaning fluid near the bathroom where the body of Drew Peterson's ex-wife lay slumped in her bathtub - or whether it might have been used to wipe away evidence of a crime.
JOLIET, Ill. - Days before a former suburban Chicago police officer's fourth wife vanished in 2007, she told a divorce attorney that her husband thought she suspected he had killed his previous wife and suggested extorting money from him to keep quiet, the lawyer testified Monday.
- Pathologist: Peterson's ex-wife didn't die in fall
- Ill. trooper describes Drew Peterson investigation
- Witness: Peterson's ex-wife slept with knife
- Murder suspect's wife told sister he terrified her
- Sister: Savio asked, 'Take care of my boys'
- Savio's beau says he immediately suspected her ex
- Minister testifies in Drew Peterson hearing
- Experts: Police botched 1st Peterson investigation
- Witness: Former Ill. cop threatened to kill wife
- Victim to speak 'from the grave' in Peterson case