NEW ORLEANS, La. - An offshore petroleum platform exploded and burned Thursday in the Gulf of Mexico off Lousiana, west of the site of BP's massive spill, but no leaks were reported.
GRAND ISLE, La. - Biologist John Supan thinks he has developed what may be the holy grail for oyster lovers: a hardy breed of the delectable shellfish that stays fat enough for consumers to eat throughout the year.
GRAND ISLE, La. - Commercial shrimpers out for the first season since BP's disastrous spill indicated their catch was plentiful and free of oil, despite a report by scientists that much of the crude remains below the surface of the Gulf.
GRAND ISLE, La. - Fishermen who spent much of the summer mopping up oil from BP's disastrous spill got back to work as the fall shrimping season in Louisiana's coastal waters opened Monday amid anxiety over whether the catch will be tainted by crude and whether anyone will buy it even if it is clean.
GRAND ISLE, La. - A hundred days ago, shop owner Cherie Pete was getting ready for a busy summer serving ice cream and po-boys to hungry fishermen.
- Oil cleanup brings strangers, tension to towns
- Gulf beaches hit as distant hurricane pushes oil
- Wind, waves from hurricane dock oil skimming boats
- Cleanup ships idled as storm rattles Gulf region
- Cleanup ships idled as storms rattle Gulf region
- Celebrity chefs tout seafood from untainted Gulf
- Flotilla of barges used as La. oil barricade
- New oil spill total is bad news for BP, wildlife
- Feds: BP agrees to expedite oil spill payments
- Red tape vexes Gulf residents seeking BP payments
- Gulf residents angry about BP and claims process
- Obama: Oil spill upends life for Gulf residents
- Obama: I'll stand with the Gulf
- Calm no more, Obama lashes out at BP on Gulf visit
- Obama visits with locals at Louisiana bait shop
- Cap collects some Gulf oil; crude washes into Fla.
- Cap collecting Gulf oil, still unclear how much
- Cap collecting Gulf oil, unclear how much though
- BP: cap gets some Gulf oil, crude still spews
- BP exec says cap is collecting some oil in Gulf
- Cap placed atop Gulf well; oil still spewing
- BP establishes escrow fund for La. sand berms
- 3 million feet of boom in Gulf, but does it help?
- Tar balls and promises: Obama visits Gulf Coast
- Obama increases manpower in Gulf region
- Obama visits Gulf, says residents 'are not alone'
- Obama, in Gulf, pledges to push on stopping leak
- Booms along the Gulf can't block all of the oil
- Public beach in La. closed as oil washes up
- A month in, outrage over Gulf oil spill grows
- Syrupy oil washes into La. marshes for first time
- La. officials still waiting for oil spill boom
- Paranoia, anxiety grow over Gulf Coast oil spill
- La. charter boat guide says Gulf is mostly clean