WASHINGTON - The number of people killed in crashes connected to driver distraction declined last year but the government said the problem remains an epidemic for motorists in the U.S.
LOS ANGELES - State health officials reported Thursday that California is on track to break a 55-year record for whooping cough infections in an epidemic that has already claimed the lives of nine infants.
GANJUWA, Nigeria - Patients jammed rudimentary clinics and health workers in surgical masks sprayed anti-bacterial solution on muddy paths as the government struggled to contain a cholera epidemic that has killed nearly 800 Nigerians in two months.
ABUJA, Nigeria - All of Nigeria is at risk in a cholera epidemic that has killed 352 people in only three-months time, health officials warned Wednesday, as the country's rainy season continues to spread the water-born infection.
ISLAMABAD - Recovering from the devastating floods still battering Pakistan will take at least three years, the president said, as the waters swept south after leaving millions homeless and submerging millions of acres of farmland.
- Rabid dogs roam holiday hotspot, kill at least 78
- Dengue epidemic threatens Caribbean, kills dozens
- AP IMPACT: Millions of vaccine doses to be burned
- China, US open disease study center in Shanghai
- Malaria epidemic hits southern Venezuela
- 1 year after swine flu, Mexicans split on response
- Mexico's spring break king rebounds
- Puerto Rico declares epidemic of dengue fever
- Is the US swine flu epidemic over?
- US swine flu epidemic shows signs of being over
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials
- Poland stands alone in refusing swine flu vaccines