DHAKA - A Roman Catholic priest and nine other tribal Christians have been detained for their role in an out-of-court settlement of a gangrape case that caused the girl to commit suicide when the promised marriage did not come through.
DHAKA - A tribal girl, who was a gangrape victim, took her life in a Bangladesh village after one of her alleged rapists who was to marry her as part of a pact brokered by the local Catholic priest ditched her.
DHAKA - A court here has ordered reopening of the case of a teenage girl who was raped and then flogged to death under a clergy's edict last month, directing action against police and hospital staff for concealing facts and preparing false reports.
DHAKA - The teenager who died after she was raped and whipped a 100 times following a fatwa by local clerics had suffered "heavy wounds" all over her body, said a fresh autopsy report submitted to the high court here.
DHAKA - The body of a teenaged girl who was raped and whipped more than 100 times following a fatwa by a Muslim cleric last month is to be exhumed, the Dhaka High Court ordered Monday.
- Ten killed in Bangladesh accident
- 59 Indian prisoners languishing in Bangladesh jails
- Dhaka may arrest top Islamist leader for war crimes
- 30 chained people rescued from brick kiln in Bangladesh
- 1975 Dhaka killings: Government may appeal against accused
- 20 hurt as Muslim sects clash over Bangladesh mosque
- Bangladesh begins trial of rebel troopers
- Mahasweta writes to Hasina on jailed workers’ leader
- Bangladesh’s ex-speaker booked for corruption
- Bangladesh seeks arrest of Transparency International leaders
- Six killed in Dhaka factory fire
- Elephant kills three of a family in Bangladesh
- Four wives beat Bangladesh man to death
- Two killed in Bangladesh air force crash
- Top Bangladesh opposition leader held for ‘war crimes’
- 35 dead, 10 missing in Bangladesh boat capsize
- Dhaka gets tough with Islamists on 40th Victory Day
- Dhaka factory blaze toll rises to 25
- Dhaka Islamists drag India in blame game over 1971 war crimes
- Factory fire kills 23 in Bangladesh
- Factory fire kills 12 in Bangladesh
- One dead as Bangladesh garment workers clash with police
- Bangladesh loses communication with hijacked ship
- 126 people lynched in 2010 in Bangladesh
- Fire destroys Buddhist tribal chief’s palace in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh changes rules to detain 1971 war criminals
- Extortionists, stalkers push crime graph in Bangladesh
- 50 injured in Bangladesh protests
- Cyclone Giri Intensifies
- Violence mars Durga Puja festivities in Bangladesh
- Five killed as train ploughs through Bangladesh crowd
- Train hits 2 buses in Bangladesh; 7 dead, 35 hurt
- 2,500 Bangladeshis in foreign jails: Minister
- Dhaka to Delhi: crack down on drug factories near border
- 50 hurt in Bangladesh clash