NEW DELHI - A 26-year-old woman was found hanging in her room in central Delhi Tuesday afternoon, police said. The woman's father has alleged that her husband had been pressurising her for Rs.2 lakh and a car as dowry.
MENDIPATHAR - Curfew was lifted in Meghalaya's Resulbelpara sub-division Wednesday after 18 days, even as life returned to normal in the riot-hit areas bordering Assams Goalpara district.
PANAJI - Four militants, including a woman attached to a Manipur-based militant group Peoples United Liberation Front (PULF) were arrested from a coastal village in south Goa Wednesday.
NEW DELHI - Over 3,000 people have registered with the Central Vigilance Commission's (CVC) anti-corruption portal "VIGEYE" (vigilance eye) launched two months ago. The portal has received a total of 203 complaints, an official said Wednesday.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Wednesday issued a notice to the Gujarat government on a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) petition to transfer the trial in the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh staged shootout case outside the state.
- Our blast probe better than that of federal agency: Goa cops
- Find and destroy armed camps in Bengal, court tells forces
- Australian husband could be tried for alleged 1963 rape of his wife
- Action needed, not probe into Sabarimala stampede: Sushama Swaraj
- Farmer shot dead in Faridabad, Rs.22 lakh looted
- 7.3 magnitutde quake jolts Pakistan, Delhi rocked (Second Lead)
- Earthquake In India: Origin In Pakistan
- Former Haiti dictator charged with embezzling funds
- Mirchpur violence: Jats continue protest for fifth day
- Teenaged dancer asked Berlusconi for 5 mn euros for her silence
- Pakistan Earthquake Rocks Nation
- Murder case in Italy solved after 35 years
- Top NCP leader fined Rs.1.72 crore for illegal mining
- Tremors in Himachal after Pakistan quake