KUMILY - As the death toll in the stampede near the Sabarimala temple mounted to 104 Saturday, doctors at a government hospital in this Kerala town busied themselves in one of the biggest post-mortem procedures in the state.
VANDIPERIYAR/KUMILY - The toll in the stampede near Kerala's famed Sabarimala temple climbed to 104 Saturday as more bodies and the injured continued to be brought to hospitals in the area.
VANDIPERIYAR - The toll in a stampede of pilgrims in Kerala's Idukki district rose to 97 Saturday after more bodies were recovered. The stampede occurred when the pilgrims were returning after watching the celestial Makara Jyothi light, the most important event of the pilgrimage, from a hillock some 30 km from the Sabarimala temple.
RIO DE JANEIRO - A legendary source of inspiration for the trademark Brazilian music style bossa nova was ravaged by torrential rain that has left more than 500 dead in the state of Rio de Janeiro.
VANDIPERIYAR - More than 60 devotees were killed Friday night in a stampede in a forest in Kerala's Idukki district when they were returning from the Sabarimala shrine, officials said here.
- More than 50 pilgrims killed in Sabarimala stampede (Second Lead)
- Many pilgrims killed near Sabarimala shrine
- Many dead in stampede at Sabarimala shrine
- Man’s genitals chopped off after drunken spat
- 7,844 dead or missing in China disasters in 2010
- Citibank fraud accused sent to 14 days judicial custody
- Huge consignment of mining explosives seized
- Three shops gutted in Chandni Chowk fire
- Birthday girl, 90, beats thieves into retreat
- Top government officials quizzed on cheating charges
- Turbulence injures 14 passengers on flight
- Capital rage continues: Man killed after quarrel over liquor
- Thousands offer Friday prayers at site of demolished mosque
- Toll rises to 27 in Sri Lanka floods
- Lalgarh killings: Hearing on public suit adjourned to Jan 18
- Four injured in accidental firing
- Two injured in three robberies in capital
- Youth kills parents, grandmother
- Custody of girl raped by BSP legislator extended in theft case
- How rumours travel in a surcharged communal environment
- Murder suspect caught after severed ‘thumb fell from sky’
- EU pledges $2.7 mn for flooded Sri Lanka
- Nine bodies found in Mexico
- Fake currency racket busted in Delhi, one held
- Court stays Karnataka land scam probe for four weeks
- Plea for CBI probe into Goa’s cops-politician-drug nexus
- Mosque demolition: Friday prayers held outside police station
- Manhunt launched for leopard killers in Orissa
- Lalgarh carnage toll rises to eight
- 16 women troopers injured in accident
- Records gutted in Delhi police station, none injured
- Murder case solved after two months
- In attack on Kerala professor, police name 54 accused
- Unidentified bodies to be treated decently in Agra
- Hackers help fight natural disasters too!
- Boat capsizes, leaving four dead and five missing in Vietnam
- Journalist among 14 killed in Pakistan violence (Second Lead)
- Receding floodwaters reveal Queensland as ‘war zone’
- Six killed in Jharkhand road accident
- PIL seeks CBI probe into Goa’s cops-politician-drug nexus