Raja questioned again on 2G scamBy IANS
Saturday, December 25, 2010
NEW DELHI - DMK leader and former communications minister A. Raja was questioned here again for the second day Saturday by the CBI that is probing the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Raja reached the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) headquarters at around 10 a.m., official sources said.
The 47-year-old was quizzed by the CBI for over eight hours Friday, two weeks after the CBI raided his premises in New Delhi and Tamil Nadu.
The sources said Raja was asked about some documents the CBI had seized during its raids, besides the reasons for advancing the dates for allocation of the second generation spectrum in 2008.
Raja quit as communications minister Nov 14 after the Comptroller and Auditor General report said that 2G spectrum was sold to mobile companies at below market prices causing huge losses to the government.
Raja has denied charges of wrongdoing.
On Dec 8, the CBI searched the New Delhi and Tamil Nadu homes of Raja and the premises of his associates.
The CBI also raided the premises of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia, who allegedly played a key role in ensuring that Raja got the communications portfolio when a new government took office in New Delhi last year.