TAIPEI - A Taiwan scam victim paid 12 million Taiwan dollars ($400,000) for a croissant which he never got to eat, a newspaper said Tuesday.
TAIPEI - An 83-year old man in Taiwan has admitted murdering his wife with a screwdriver in what he claims was a "mercy killing" in the light of her Parkinson's disease.
BEIJING/TAIPEI - An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale struck off the eastern coast of Taiwan Sunday, but there were no immediate reports of casualties, Xinhua reported.
TAIPEI - Taiwan Wednesday raised the number of people killed by Typhoon Megi to 36 after declaring dead 21 people missing since last month.
TAIPEI - Twenty Chinese tourists were reported missing in Taiwan after heavy rains and landslides triggered by typhoon Megi hit the island nation, authorities said.
- Typhoon Megi Strikes China
- Over 500 tourists stranded in Taiwan due to typhoon ‘Megi’
- Student wins copyright protection contest with copied work
- Taiwan cleans up after powerful typhoon; 2 dead
- Typhoon knocks out power, transportation in Taiwan
- 6,000 evacuated in Taiwan as typhoon hits
- China postpones visit to Japan amid ship dispute
- Taiwan boy survives 11-floor fall
- Man steals church computer after asking to be baptised
- Indian arrested for smuggling ketamine drug into Taiwan
- Taiwan-China flight diverted after explosive claim
- Four executed in Taiwan
- Taiwan Earthquake
- Major earthquake hits off Taiwan coast
- Sandstorms across China prompt health warnings
- Taiwan burglar escapes after leaping from sixth floor
- Taiwan immigration official charged with molestation
- Strong earthquake hits Taiwan; 64 people injured
- Strong earthquake hits Taiwan; 12 people injured
- Strong earthquake hits Taiwan; injuries reported
- Strong earthquake hits Taiwan, 1 injury reported
- Major earthquake hits Taiwan, no injuries reported
- Taiwan burglars use toy helicopter to spot targets
- Haiti aid a telling test of China-Taiwan relations