CONCEPCION - A 6.8-magnitude quake rocked the Bio Bio region in southern Chile but there was no damage or casualty, Xinhua reported.
COPIAPO - The 33 miners rescued from the San Jose copper mine in northern Chile are not ready to visit the site in the Atacama Desert where they were trapped for more than two months, the authorities said Friday.
COPIAPO - The first three of the rescued San Jose miners were released late Thursday from hospital after routine tests, Chilean media reported.
COPIAPO - Chilean President Sebastian Pinera is to host the miners rescued from a collapsed mine for a football match Oct 25 in Santiago, he said Thursday.
COPIAPO - The ordeal of 33 miners trapped for two months underground in Chile ended late Wednesday as the last miner, Luis Urzua, 54 - the man who guided his men through the ordeal - emerged to safety and ear-splitting cheers above ground.
- Last trapped Chilean miner pulled out, rescue completed
- World congratulates Chile on miners’ ‘glorious’ rescue
- Chilean Miners’ Evacuation Process Begins
- Underground odyssey: Chile miners defied the odds
- First of 33 miners safe above ground (Second Lead)
- Rescue of trapped miners begin in Chile
- Final preparations begin for rescue of 33 miners
- Chilean president arrives in mine to witness rescue
- Chilean miners prepare to see daylight
- Chilean Miners’ Ordeal To End Soon
- ‘Wednesday target day for Chile miners evacuation’
- A way out, at last, for Chile's 33 trapped miners
- Escape shaft nearly reaches Chile's trapped miners
- Chile sees 'great day' with escape shaft near done
- Chile list says which miners should go first, last
- Chile mine engineers weigh risks of encasing shaft
- Chile president sees miners rescued before Oct. 15
- Chile rescue speeds up, cheering miner families
- Chile: trapped miners get Brad Pitt, censored news
- First rescue capsule arrives at Chilean mine
- Chileans optimistic for early October miner rescue
- Pinera: We've done all to rescue Chile's miners
- Trapped miners force Chileans to re-examine image
- Big step completed in Chile miners' escape route
- Bore hole for rescue reaches trapped Chile miners
- Chile's trapped miners have a thousand job offers
- Nurse: Trapped Chilean miner's Hope born healthy
- Setback in Chile rescue, but Hope comes Tuesday
- Setback in Chile mine rescue, but no delay seen
- 3rd drill to the rescue for Chile's trapped miners
- Strong earthquake strikes Chile's disaster area
- Skin infections pose risk to Chilean miners
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT
- Chile mine disaster exposes old family feuds
- 'Alive' survivors to Chilean mining kin: Be strong