BEIJING - China will spend nearly 63 billion yuan ($9.3 billion) on more than 45,000 small reservoirs across the country as part of its efforts to tackle drought and flooding.
BEIJING - Chinese security forces assaulted foreign journalists attempting to visit a dissident under house arrest, the Foreign Correspondents Club of China said Wednesday.
BEIJING - Six tourists, who were trapped in the air for seven hours while being on a recreational ride in southwest China's Guizhou province, were rescued Tuesday.
BEIJING - A man drove his car into a dragon dance parade in an eastern China province, killing five people and injuring many late Monday night, officials said Tuesday.
BEIJING - Light to moderate snowfall has brought relief to the winter wheat crops in drought-hit areas of China, where more than seven million hectares of farmland have been affected due to a lingering drought.
- Snowfall eases drought in China
- China earmarks $1 bn to battle drought
- New Year fireworks set off 5,945 blazes in China
- Fire at 1,000-year-old temple in China
- Quake hits China, damages 678 homes
- Chinese hair care company found using banned chemicals
- Man sentenced to death for raping nine in China
- Chinese man sentenced to death in demolition case
- Karmapa not a Chinese spy, says Beijing
- 2.5 mn Chinese suffering from drought
- 11 dead in China bus accident
- Over 600 held in China for selling train tickets illegally
- Quake jolts Tajikistan
- China seeks fair trial of its citizens held in India
- Red light over China’s erring staff to check graft
- Brother turns himself in China toll evasion case
- 7,844 dead or missing in China disasters in 2010
- 7.2-magnitude quake jolts Pacific islands
- 146,517 Chinese officials punished in 2010
- 10 jailed for pirating dictionaries
- Four Chinese indicted for sending 10 mn spam messages
- 113,000 officials punished, but China says graft problem serious
- Millions short of water as drought hits eastern China
- China busts 6,000 cases involving trademark breach
- Anti-graft efforts have yielded results, says China
- China executes nine drug traffickers
- 580 Chinese wanted for economic crimes at large abroad
- 100-vehicle pile-up in China leaves seven dead
- Seven die in 100-vehicle pile-up in China
- Chinese cops offer money to netizens to hunt criminals
- Four drug gang members get death penalty in China
- Woman plots 40 car thefts — for fun
- 30 wineries making adulterated liquor shut in China
- Mistaken identity gets Chinese teenager 200 days in jail
- Chinese porn sites now shift to English content