TOKYO - The number of people who killed themselves in Japan totalled 31,560 in 2010, exceeding 30,000 for the 13th straight year, police said Friday.
TOKYO - A 7.4-magnitude earthquake shook a chain of Japanese islands early Wednesday, forcing the Meteorological Agency to issue a tsunami warning.
TOKYO - Thirteen people were hurt Friday when a man with a knife attacked children on two buses in a town in Japan, media reports said, citing police.
TOKYO - Japanese government officials said they were investigating Friday's leaking of a video clip purporting to show the collision of a Chinese boat with Japanese coast guards which sparked a diplomatic row in September.
TOKYO, JAPAN (GaeaTimes.com)- With Typhoon Chaba gradually making its way towards Japan, authorities have ordered widespread evacuations while alert warnings have been issued to minimize devastation to a large extent.
- China, Japan end spat over maritime collision
- Quake jolts Japanese island
- Earthquake hits off Japanese coast
- Japan warns about Europe terror; tourists are calm
- Japan PM urges China to act responsibly
- Japan to ask China to cover damage to patrol boats
- Japanese leader says no apology to China
- China repeats demand for Japan apology
- Japan releases Chinese boat captain
- Japan releases Chinese boat captain amid dispute
- Japan to release Chinese boat captain amid dispute
- Japan to release Chinese boat captain
- Traders: China halts rare earth exports to Japan
- Japan to release Chinese boat captain amid tension
- China premier threatens Japan over boat dispute
- Japan warns of fanning nationalism in China feud
- Japan urges calm after China severs contacts
- Japan: China hasn't informed of break in contacts
- China halts ministerial-level contacts with Japan
- Japan extends Chinese boat captain's detention
- Chinese hold anti-Japan protests over boat dispute
- China postpones visit to Japan amid ship dispute
- China postpones official's visit to Japan amid row
- Japan frees 14 crew, holds Chinese ship's captain
- Japan frees 14 crew members of Chinese ship
- China summons Japanese ambassador again over boat
- China demands Japan release detained boat captain
- China boat captain could stand trial for collision
- China calls in Japan envoy over boat collision
- Dolphins caught, not killed, in Japan cove
- Japan endures hottest summer on record
- Prius gets sound option to protect pedestrians
- Bus driver under investigation for Utah crash
- 3 dead and 12 hurt in tourist bus crash in Utah
- Japan observes 65th anniversary of Nagasaki bombing