SHILLONG - What does human trafficking mean, why is it done, what punishment can it attract and how do we rehabilitate victims? A manual on human trafficking brought out by an NGO is proving a boon for police in the northeast where trafficking is a major issue.
SHILLONG - The Meghalaya Right to Information Movement (MRTIM) Wednesday exposed what it termed a "wheat scam" worth crores of rupees after the Food Corporation of India (FCI) revealed that the state has been receiving wheat from 2008 but none of the fair price shops are distributing it.
SHILLONG - The proprietor of a Reliance petrol depot is suspected to have been abducted at gunpoint by a rebel group near the India-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya, police said Saturday.
SHILLONG - Meghalaya's opposition Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Thursday described Mukul Sangma as a "nervous chief minister" for shying away from visiting the riot-hit areas of the state.
SHILLONG - The Meghalaya government Tuesday announced compensation of Rs.3 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the ongoing ethnic conflict between the Garo and Rabha tribes.
- Two more killed as Assam-Meghalaya border tense
- Situation improving in Meghalaya’s riot-hit areas: Minister
- Curfew further relaxed in Meghalaya
- Agatha Sangma, family escape mob fury in riot-hit Assam areas
- Death toll five, curfew extended in Meghalaya areas
- Curfew extended to more areas in Meghalaya after clashes
- Four killed in Meghalaya ethnic clash, army called in
- Four killed in Meghalaya ethnic clash
- Meghalaya curfew relaxed
- Curfew continues in Meghalaya areas, BSF stages flag march (Night Lead)
- Curfew imposed in Meghalaya district
- Three rebels held in Meghalaya, infiltration bid foiled
- Coal exporter abducted in Meghalaya
- Meghalaya Police up vigil to prevent information leakage
- Meghalaya rebel group’s chief killed in gunfight
- Kidnapped Meghalaya official freed, family says no ransom paid
- Meghalaya rebels kill two coal miners
- Two rebels arrested in Meghalaya
- Meghalaya chief minister condemns attack on temple
- Shutdown against civic polls turns violent in Meghalaya
- Six killed as jeep falls into Meghalaya gorge
- Abducted Meghalaya official still untraced
- Meghalaya woman killed on India-Bangladesh border
- Rogue Meghalaya cop dismissed
- New panel to probe Shillong jailbreak
- Meghalaya cops book Assam sports officials for impersonation
- Three North East Council officials charged in scam
- Customs seize marijuana in Meghalaya
- Meghalaya militant leader still a police officer in records
- Kidnapped Indian farmer in Bangladesh police custody
- Three quakes hit Meghalaya, Assam
- Don’t pay extortion to militants, Meghalaya officials told
- MiG 27 crashes in West Bengal, debris kills one (Third Lead)
- MiG 27 crashes in West Bengal, one dead (Second Lead)
- Top militant arrested in Meghalaya