QUITO - Ecuador's Tungurahua volcano was again spewing fire and ash over the weekend after months of relative calm, the Hoy newspaper reported.
QUITO - At least 12 people were killed and more than 20 injured in Ecuador when a bus plunged into a ravine, police said.
QUITO - Four miners who had been trapped in an Ecuadorian gold mine for close to a week were found dead, Ecuadorian media reported Thursday quoting the authorities.
QUITO - Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa claimed that a police mutiny earlier this week was an attempted coup with plans to assassinate him and other members of the government, media reports said Saturday.
QUITO - Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa was freed by soldiers from mutinying police late Thursday, Ecuadorian television reported.
- 42 killed in Ecuador bus accident
- 36 killed in Ecuador bus accident
- 36 die as Ecuadorean bus runs off road, overturns
- 36 die as Ecuadorean bus plunges off cliff
- Magnitude-7.1 quake shakes Ecuador
- Magnitude-6.9 quake shakes Ecuador
- Tour boat capsizes off Galapagos; Dane, 61, dies
- One dead in volcanic eruption in Guatemala
- Big volcanic eruptions in Guatemala, Ecuador