NAIROBI/DAR ES SALAAM - At least 17 people died when a series of explosions ripped through an arms depot in Tanzania's capital Dar es Salaam, the prime minister said Thursday.
NAIROBI/DAR ES SALAAM - A munitions store in the Tanzanian economic centre Dar es Salaam exploded, leaving an unknown number of people dead, a news report said Thursday.
NAIROBI - A stampede during a campaign rally for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan left some 15 people dead and numerous injured at a stadium in southern Nigeria, local media said Sunday.
NAIROBI/GENEVA - The number of women raped in an apparent revenge attack for the death of a Congolese soldier has risen to 50, according to the United Nations.
NAIROBI/LONDON - Somali pirates have seized a Greek-owned ship, the MV Eagle, in the Gulf of Aden, the European Union's anti-piracy force EU NAVFOR said Monday.
- 10 dead, 30 hurt in Kenya bus crash
- Olympic marathon champion faces assault charges in Kenya
- Somali pirates releases ship with 19 Indians
- 10 dead in Ivory Coast clashes
- Kenyan cop kills 10 in shooting rampage
- Six killed in Kenya stadium stampede
- Uganda World Cup blasts: 36 suspects, 7 countries
- Pirates seize fishing boat off Mauritius
- Somali pirates seize ship, Indian crew (Second Lead)
- Somali pirates seize ship, 15 Indian crew
- Somali pirates seize ship, Indian crew
- Somali pirates abandon Greek ship
- Somali pirates seize ship with 12 crew
- Groups: Kenyan suspects secretly flown to Uganda
- Ugandan police arrest 2 Kenyan rights activists
- Somali pirates seize cargo ship with 18 crew
- Hundreds believed dead in Congo boat accidents
- 6 Somali civilians killed in violence in Mogadishu
- More than 150 women raped in Congolese village, says UN
- 40 dead in Nigeria accident
- Kenyan accused of harboring Uganda terror suspects
- Zimbabwe fools media with plane accident report
- Officials: Zimbabwe plane report only a drill
- APNewsBreak: AU troops harming Somali civilians
- Kenyan police arrest 2 with bomb-making materials
- Kenyan police arrest suspect in Uganda bombings
- Who is al-Shabab? Somali terror army extends reach
- New al-Qaida threat: Somali group claims blasts
- Al-Qaida-linked Somali group claims Uganda blasts
- Ugandan toll in World Cup bombings rises to 74
- Two football fans killed in Kenya pub brawl
- 200 killed in Congo explosion (Second Lead, changing dateline)
- 70 killed in Ghana mining accident
- Kenya arrests 3 politicians under hate-speech law
- Kenyan churches blame gov't for blasts at rally